If you’re looking for specific, actionable resolutions to upgrade your marketing for 2015, read on. Even if you only choose one of these resolutions, your business is sure to benefit in the coming year.
Marketing Resolutions for 2015
Want to grow your business in 2015? If you’re looking for significant business growth, here are the top resolutions you’ll want to consider taking on as your own:
- Develop (or Refine) Your Buyer Personas
- Create a Website That’s More Than a Brochure
- Create More Quality Content
- Optimize Your Social Media Profiles
- Use Outbound to Generate More Leads
Develop (or Refine) Your Buyer Personas
A solid buyer persona is the absolute foundation for the rest of the resolutions on the list. If you’d like to focus on just one resolution, this is probably it.
Have outdated buyer personas, or ones that are poorly developed? Maybe it’s time to refine them..
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Creating a Buyer Persona Template
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Creating a Buyer Persona Template (video version)
- Adele Revella on How to Avoid the Most Common Buyer Persona Mistakes Made by Marketers
Create a Website That’s More Than a Brochure
Your website should provide a means to capture leads in exchange for valuable content.
It also NEEDS to be mobile-friendly – if it’s not yet, make this a high priority in the coming year.
- 4 Features Every Great Website Needs
- Why You Must Have a Mobile-Friendly Website
- Need More Leads? 7 Easy Ways to Increase Website Conversions
- 25 Website Must Haves [Free Guide]
Create More Quality Content
You already know that a lot of quality content will help you get found by search engines. Organic and referral traffic will help grow your list of leads (assuming you have a non-brochure style website).
Content can also be a great tool during the sales process, as it can help your prospects get answers to questions they have before they buy.
Be sure if this is your goal that you tailor it so that it’s more specific – “more content” isn’t a clearly defined goal. “Three blog post s a week” is.
- Top 10 Insights on Effectively Using Content Marketing for Your Business
- A Scientific Way to Generate Leads with Content Marketing
Optimize Your Social Media Profiles
It’s a good idea to periodically revisit and update your social media profiles. If you haven’t done this for a while, the new year is a great time to tune them up!
- The Ultimate Guide to Optimizing Social Media Profiles
- How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile for Social Selling [HubSpot]
Carry out a Strategy to Generate More Leads
Not getting enough leads from your content? Have more aggressive growth goals?
Generate demand for your services using outbound in addition to your inbound marketing.
Again, be sure to be specific goals as far as the types of campaigns and/or number of outbound leads.
- How to Build a Successful B2B Demand Generation Program
- How to Find Your Next Client Online
- How to Use Content-Supported Prospecting to Pursue Your Target Accounts
- Leverage LinkedIn for B2B Lead Gen [free guide]
None of this is useful if you don’t take action. Choose one or more resolutions from this list and get started on it in the new year.
Your business will thank you!
Hey, thanks for the info. Now what?
If you need any help with content creation, we have tons of free resources to get you over the hump. Please subscribe to this blog below to ensure that you never miss an article.
Have questions or comments? Please contact us by email or phone.
If you really enjoyed this post, please help us to spread the word by clicking one of the social media sharing buttons.
Thanks so much!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ? SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG!
Just enter your email below