Your company blog is one of the most important elements of a successful inbound marketing campaign. Ideally your blog will help to generate leads, helping increase your customer base. The following are four creative blog ideas you should consider implementing in order to help make your blog grow:
1. Tailor Your Content to Your Audience
One of the most common mistakes many companies make when it comes to creating content for their blog is they forget who their audience is. The whole point of the blog is to create content which is helpful and informative to your target audience.
- Marketing to Your Audience – If your company produces shoes, then producing blog content about running or stretching makes sense – your target audience will appreciate that kind of content.
- Not Marketing to Your Audience – If your company produces shoes and you post content about kitchen remodeling, your target audience is going to be confused and uninterested. It doesn’t matter how many creative blog ideas you use if your content isn’t tailored to your specific audience.
Part of the research you need to do is figure out the exact profile of your target audience to better tailor your content to their buyer personas.
2. Promote Your Content
You may have amazing creative blog ideas which are perfectly targeted towards your target audience, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that your blog will be read. You need to promote your blog to get readers.
- Promoting With Social Media – One of the most successful ways of promoting blog content is by sharing your posts on different social media sites, such as Facebook or Twitter.By doing this, you’re letting followers know you’ve released new content to read. They will follow your links to your blog in order to read the content, then potentially share it with friends on their social media sites, thereby helping increase brand awareness.
- Deciding Which Social Media Platform to Use – Deciding which social network(s) to promote on will take some research. Different buyer personas use different social media sites. For example, Facebook tends to be used for personal networking and can be appropriate for certain products, whereas LinkedIn is used by professionals who are trying to network within their industries.
You’ll need to research your target audience to see what social sites they prefer.
3. Use Influencers
Influencers are individuals or companies that have a strong reputation within your industry. The following are a few ways that you can interact with these Influencers:
- If they have a blog that attracts a large reader base, and their content is relevant to your target audience, link your content to theirs in order to share it with your audience.
- Share links to the Influencer’s content on your social media platforms.
- Add valuable comment to their blogs and social media pages.
These are a few ways that you can interact with Influencers on the web. There’s a good reason for doing so as well. The following are the benefits that can be had by interacting with your industry’s Influencers:
- You can actually improve your reputation within your industry for sharing an Influencer’s content with your readers. Not only will readers benefit from that content, they will notice the connection you have with the Influencer, even if the Influencer isn’t familiar with your company yet.
- If you leave valuable comments on an Influencer’s blog or social media page, you may attract part of their audience back to your own blog or social media page.
- Eventually, the Influencer may notice you and could do you the favor of linking to your content, which is a great way to increase brand awareness.
When a new blog gets traction quickly, something specific is usually going on behind the scenes. The strategey these out of nowhere bloggers use to supercharge their blogs’ expansion is blogger outreach. Brian Dean – BoostBlogTraffic.com
4. Offer Free Downloads
The blog is meant to capture the reader’s interest. If you provide valuable content, then you’ll help establish yourself as a leader within your industry. This makes it easier for readers to develop a trust in your brand.
To turn casual readers into leads, you’ll want to offer something for free in return for their basic information, such as name and email. One way that you can do this is by creating a strong call to action at the end of your blog content that encourages readers to sign up for an email newsletter in return for a free e-book.
These are four creative blog ideas that can help to generate leads as well as increase brand awareness and loyalty. Tell us what you think in a comment below. While you’re at it, ensure that your inbound marketing campaign has the best chance of success by downloading our e-book, “How to Run an Inbound Marketing Campaign” today.
Hey, thanks for the info. Now what?
If you need any help with content creation, we have tons of free resources to get you over the hump. Please subscribe to this blog below to ensure that you never miss an article.
Have questions or comments? Please contact us by email or phone.
If you really enjoyed this post, please help us to spread the word by clicking one of the social media sharing buttons.
Thanks so much!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ? SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG!
Just enter your email below