In the early days of the internet, SEO optimization was easy.
- Pick out the keyword you want to rank.
- Pump out content with your keyword laced generously throughout your page, including in your title and meta tags.
- Add in a few backlinks.
Chances were good that your content would rank! Then the search engines got smart.
Below, we’re sharing an infographic done by QuickSprout. It’s a look the strategies that used to define SEO and those you need to use today in order to drive organic search rankings and avoid future search engine penalties.
Make sure that content marketing is the backbone of your SEO strategy:
- You must make sure your content is valuable, easy to read, and focused on topics your users care about.
- Long-tail keywords will usually result in better engagement.
- Avoid spammy backlinks. Seek out only high-quality, natural link opportunities.
Hey, thanks for the info. Now what?
If you need any help with content creation, we have tons of free resources to get you over the hump. Please subscribe to this blog below to ensure that you never miss an article.
Have questions or comments? Please contact us by email or phone.
If you really enjoyed this post, please help us to spread the word by clicking one of the social media sharing buttons.
Thanks so much!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ? SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG!
Just enter your email below